With the blistering hot temperatures we are having recently please ensure you look after yourselves and the fish when out fishing.
For the safety of the fish:
It is important to remember that the water will be much warmer and warmer water means less oxygenated. Fish care should be paramount in these conditions.
- Do not retain fish in slings or nets
- Ensure your unhooking mat is wet before laying a fish on it
- Have a bucket of fresh water ready (not water that has been sitting getting hot in the sun)
- Return fish as quickly as possible
For your own the safety:
- Wear sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses
- Sit in the shade where possible
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.